There are many provisions and legislations that have been developed in the Islamic religion with regard to the provisions of dress and adornment, which is the right religion that is ordered with good and adornment without exaggeration.
The concept of dress in Islam
– The Islamic religion discussed many issues that regulate the life of the Muslim man in a comprehensive manner, for example, the issues of marriage and divorce, eating and drinking, and even clothing and the Islamic religion to put provisions on clothing, so as to achieve happiness for Muslims and society in a manner of protection from all suspicions.
– The Islamic religion called for a lot of high morals and good causes, and the most important issues of cloak and chastity and decency, and save the lives of both men and women of anything that can cause the scratching of their shyness.
– Islam ordered us to adorn the clothing that covers and preserves the body, and protects it from the cold as well as the heat and from anything that can cause harm to him as a result of disclosure or nudity. Islam also established the rules and ethics that regulate this dress for both women and men.
Rulings on a dress in Islam
There are a number of provisions for dress in men and women, including the following:
– Cover the nakedness of men and women: Islam defined the nakedness of the man from the navel to the knee, but the woman’s nakedness is her body full except the face and hands.
– The sanctity of Islam is similar to that of a woman in clothing, and women are similar to men, and each of them must avoid wearing clothes that are incompatible with his sex.
– A woman must adhere to wide loose clothing, away from clothes that show her body as well as transparent clothes.
– Men are forbidden to wear gold and silk, as their wearing inherited arrogance, stupidity, wonder and pride, as it is one of the manifestations of adornment exaggerated by men, and the wearing of this type of fabrics and that form of jewelry is a form of a man like a woman.
Dress provisions for women
In order for the dress of women to be true and in conformity with the provisions of Islamic law, a number of conditions must be met:
Conditions relating to detail and sewing
– The garment should be a cover for the woman’s nakedness and adornment that does not appear to be shown to the foreign men.
– The dress should be comfortable and wide in motion, it should not be tight and separate the body.
– The dress should not resemble the clothes of non-Muslims.
– The dress should not be similar to men’s dress.
Conditions relating to the type of dress
– The dress must be covered under it, so it is not permissible to wear transparent because it will cause sedition.
– The dress should not contain decorations that attract attention.
Dress provisions for man
The origin of the garment is permissible except with the exception of what is stated in the shar’i prohibition. Here we will deal with a number of provisions concerning men’s dress:
– It is haraam for a man to wear the clothes of the kuffaar since it is taboo to imitate them.
– It is haraam for a man to wear clothes that are similar to women.
– A Muslim must take care of the cleanliness of his clothes without exaggeration or large.
– It is not permissible for a Muslim man to wear transparent clothing that could cause his nakedness to be uncovered.
– It is desirable for a Muslim to wear white clothes.
– The limit of clothing until the ankles, so it is forbidden for the Muslim to wear his clothes.
– The wearing of distinctive clothing of a person is haraam, which is worn for the purpose of fame.
Ornamental provisions for women
The adornment that adorns women according to sharee’ah and dress literature is divided into three types:
– Permitted decorations: These are all types of adornments that are permissible for women and that do not cause harm, such as silk and colorful clothes and good and ornaments.
– Forbidden adornments: These are all types of adornments that are forbidden by sharee’ah, such as tattooing, sneezing, and reaching shara.
– Ornamental desirable: It is that adornment, which was urged by the Sharia and wanted like the Sunan instinct.
Ornamental provisions for man
The man must choose between the types of adornments that are permitted by the law and what suits his masculinity and the specific customs of the society to which he is subject. He should not use cosmetics for adornment or adornment since that is for women rather than men.
– Men are suitable for men’s features, hardness, and roughness, and they are forbidden to use women’s cosmetics, such as lipstick, etc. They fall under the guise of women but may be used for the removal of defects, such as preparations used To remove the pills from the face, which fall under the treatment and treatment, and it is haraam to adorn men with silk and gold, or chains and bracelets, because they are women.
The fruits of the provisions of dress and adornment
– Preserve the symptoms and protect the morality and maintenance of societies of all forms of nudity, corruption and disintegration.
– Safeguarding the honor and honor of women and preserving their body and chastity of all souls and greed in the patients surrounding them, which can cause them physical and psychological harm to them as a result of sexual harassment or rape.
– Showing the blessings that we have been blessed by the Almighty through clothing, especially in happy occasions, holidays and weddings.
– Avoid wasting money and extravagance in buying clothes illegally. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Eat, drink, believe, and wear what is not mixed with extravagance or imagination” (Saheeh Ibn Majah).