There are many water bodies scattered around the world, and these areas include seas, rivers and oceans, which also include the closed sea, what are the closed seas and what is called by this name.
The closed seas
A closed sea can be defined as part of the water surrounded by the earth, located within the narrow strait or located within the other terrestrial forms of the earth. The closed seas are also known as the lake in some countries and are controlled by navigation on those seas.
It is located to the east of the Caucasus mountains and west steppes of Central Asia, the name of the sea derived from the ancient Caspian people, who once lived in the Caucasus to the west .
– The sea extends approximately 750 miles (1200 km) from north to south, although its average width does not exceed 200 miles (320 km). It is about 149,200 square miles (386400 square kilometers) – larger than Japan – with a surface of about 90 feet (27 meters) below sea level.
– Its deepest depth to the south, is 3,360 feet (1025 meters) below sea level. The drainage basin in the sea covers about 1,400,000 square miles (3,625,000 square kilometers). The sea contains about 63.400 million acres or 18,800 cubic miles (78,200 km3) of water – about one-third of the inland surface water of the Earth. The sea is bordered in the northeast by Kazakhstan, in the southeast by Turkmenistan in the south by Iran in the south-west of Azerbaijan, and in the north-west by Belarus.
– The Caspian basin as a whole is divided into the northern, central and southern Caspian Sea, partly dependent on underwater relief and partly on hydrological properties. The sea contains up to 50 islands, most of them small. The largest is Himalayan, Tyuleny, Morskoy, Kulaly, Chiloy, and Ogurchin.
– The Dead Sea is the lowest point on earth at 430.5 meters (1412 feet) below sea level, it is a charming lake and mysterious of light turquoise waters with salt crystals out of them and golden hills surrounded by structure.
– The Dead Sea is located in the Jordan Valley, bordered by Palestine from the east and Jordan from the west. Its salty water and mineral rich mud are famous for its many health benefits. Many tourists and locals visit its beaches for mud and salt baths.
– The Dead Sea is known as one of the most beautiful water bodies in the world, and certainly the deepest saltwater in the world, at a depth of 304 meters (997 feet). The reason behind this high salinity? The Dead Sea is a station for the flow of rain and surface water, which means the flow of water in it but does not flow: its water has no escape, but it is trapped by evaporation.
– High temperatures in the summer and hot and dry weather all year round make it an ideal place for unforgettable holidays, but lead to great water losses to evaporation. Water has lost its content from H2O 65,000 years ago, with minerals becoming more concentrated and salty.
– Early translations of the name of the Dead Sea are often used in non-indigenous languages as the original salt sea, but in the Roman era, visitors to Judea began to refer to the sea as the Dead Sea, and was often struck with how water was free of all forms Life, whether plants or living things.
– The Black Sea region spreads over 436400 square kilometers, located in Eurasia, surrounded by Europe, the Caucasus and Anatolia. The two countries share borders with the Black Sea and include Romania, Turkey, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Russia and Georgia. This group of water is also surrounded by the Pontiac, Caucasus and Crimean mountains in the south, east and north, respectively. It is also bounded by the Strandha Mountains to the southwest and the Dobrojia Plateau to the northwest.
– The inner sea, which has a maximum depth of 2212 meters, is the meeting point of a number of rivers such as the Danube, the Southern Borg, the Dnieper, the Rye, and the Dniester. The Black Sea is bounded by the Mediterranean Sea across the Bosphorus, then across the Sea of Marmara and the Dardanelles. The Black Sea is also connected to the Aegean Sea and the Sea of Crete before its meeting with the Mediterranean Sea.
– One of the well-known Black Sea facts is the origin of his name, which remains unclear. There are different theories about how to name this sea by that specific name. The theory suggests that before it was called the Black Sea, the water body was called an “unfriendly sea”, largely because of the savage tribes on its shores. Once the Greeks took over its coasts, the name was changed to “hospitable”.