The kufic line is considered one of the oldest lines in the Arabic language. This line is characterized by letters that have a sharp angle and also a straightness in writing. The beginning of the appearance of this line in Kufa is the name of this name based on the place where it appeared. For his excellence, the Holy Quran was written with copies on this line for the first time.
Features of kufic font
There are many properties and attributes for this line and these properties are
– This line is one of the most important seven Arabic fonts, and the names of the types of Arabic calligraphy such as the Rihani line, the line of the patch, the line of the third, the Kufi line, the line of leave.
– The kufic line is geometrical as it may use the geometric shapes to write in this line and give an ornate shape.
– The kufic line is soft and flexible and you can deal with it in a different and sophisticated way, and you can easily innovate with it.
– The kufic line has its own special form and has several types. In order to write in kufic script you will need geometric shapes and also have to have a ruler, and the kufic line when using it requires a long time in writing and algebra.
The names of Allah in the calligraphy Kufi geometric
– When writing the beautiful names of God in Kufic font, especially geometric, you have to use tools and shapes geometric to give the form of writing distinctive and beautiful, the Kufic geometric line is characterized as straight, although flexible and soft, but it is very straight in the form of letters.
– The geometric form has been used very much in the mosques in Iraq in particular, and this is due to the origin of this line in Kufa in Iraq and also in Egypt, and was used this type of Kufi font a lot.
Types of kufic
Simple Kufic Line
This type of kufic line is characterized by simplicity, it is almost devoid of decoration, and the letters always end in a triangle.
The kufic line is characterized by the letters at the end of the words as the leaves of the plants, and the decoration of the letters have to do with the leaves of the plants, and when the decoration of the letters as beautiful as the leaves of plants gives a different and wonderful shape and has been used this line in Islamic countries around the world.
The kufic line is flowered
This type of kufic line is not much different from the kufic line, as the floral line consists of a triangular shape that begins with a plant branch and ends with leaves of plants and then with beautiful flowers. It has its distinctive form in writing and Islamic archaeologists consider this kind of the most important innovations of Arabic calligraphy Which was invented by the Arabs, it has been used in many archaeological places that increase the importance of Islamic civilization.
The Kufic Line
This line is different from all kinds of kufic line in terms of decoration, which works to link letters with each other, which is somewhat complex and can not be read in many times, as the words may be adjacent to each other so you will not be able to know the beginning of the word From the end.
Kufic architectural line
This architectural line is characterized by a cohesion between the letters of one thousand and the other.
The Origin of the Kufic Line
The Kufic script was first written in 1799 and was at the beginning of the first century AH. Another type of kufic line was also shown. It was an extension of several letters such as Sad, Kaff, Dalal and Ta’a. Finally, this line is characterized by creativity and professionalism in writing. In this line, this line remained until the second century AH, and began the Muslim Arabs to copy the Koran in this distinctive line, and the presence of many types of kufic line, and this line is characterized by professionalization and professional coordination, and gives the form of the characters creatively while maintaining the integrity of the letters And that each line is independent of the other, as that It preserves the spaces between words and the consistency between characters.
– The Kufic line also remained and is used until the Fatimid state and then it has been developed to this age. The Kufic line was also used in writing sentences through engraving on wood, as well as glass, ceramics and antiques such as metal. Ancient heritage.