Bees are very important to our ecosystem, without which the system will break down, because about 70% of the world’s crops will fail, and the strange thing is that bees know exactly which plants should be vaccinated.
Information about bees
– Bees are flying insects closely associated with wasps and ants, known for their role in pollination, and there are about 20 thousand known species of bees in seven known biological families.
– Some species, including honey bees, tomato bees, and unstable bees, socialize in the colonies. The bees are adapted for feeding on nectar and pollen. Bee vaccination is also important ecologically and commercially. The decline of wild bees has increased the value of pollination by commercially managed hives.
Eyes of bees
If you have become brave enough to approach the bee, you may notice that there are three black dots on the top of her head. Do you know that these holes are the eyes? In addition to two large eyes in the head of the bee, there are three “simple” eyes on the side of her head. These eyes have a different significance as they detect light detection function and not shapes.
Nature of the eyes of bees
The large eyes on the sides of the head are made up of many small lenses that combine together, each with a wider picture of what the bee can see (this is known as the composite eye). These eyes specialize in seeing patterns that can help identify plant species and Other bees.
– The eyes of the largest bees have small hair grows on them, and believes that the hairs detect the direction of the wind, so the bee can remain in the course in stormy conditions, and also help these hairs bees to move.
– It is also believed that the bees use the sun to move, where they can see the polarized light (light passing through a filter such as clouds), which means they can see the sun, even if it is very cloudy through these eyes.
How bees define places of food
Is it sometimes noticed that the bees dance in a circular motion to show the desire to find food? Where the movement is referred to the existence of food close to this round dance and consists of “round dance” of the bee in a series of revolving circles in alternating directions, and since the food is close, bees will be able to sniff, and when the food away, The Scout Bee moves back and forth in different directions, meaning that there is no food nearby. The place of food is identified by the sun, and as the dance continues, the bee adjusts the direction in line with the movements of the sun.
Bees can see ultraviolet light
– The bees can see some colors, they have a very different color vision from humans, their eyes are more sensitive to blue and purple, they can see ultraviolet light, which is useful because the flowers reflect large amounts of ultraviolet light, and this makes the flowers look bright In their surroundings, making them stand out to the bee to go to, but the bees can not see the red color.
– It is believed that the colors of the favorite bees are purple, purple and blue, and may explain why bees tend to some types of flowers without others, and on top of these flowers Lavender.